…Watching as your classmates move on to the fifth grade…without you. …Being a teen trying to “live your life to the fullest” on the budget of a family devastated by the medical bills.
…Being a parent, watching your child battle this monster, all the while, worrying about paying the rent so that your family has a place to call home.
…Trying to deal not only with the trauma and discomfort of going through chemotherapy, or watching your loved one go through chemo, but also watching the drastic changes it can bring to your appearance. Things that may seem trivial to you…
Fortunately, the Foundation for Children with Cancer (FCC), headquartered in St. Louis MO, can seem larger than life in the world of a family whose child is battling Cancer.
Thanks in part to the funds donated by our generous supporters and through a national awareness and fundraising campaign, Hats on Day, FCC has been able to provide financial assistance to over 2100 families since inception and disburse $1,000,000 in direct, tangible support.
The Foundation for Children with Cancer is a 501c (3) nonprofit organization that is unique in that it eliminates the “red tape” which often hinders families who need financial assistance. FCC networks with social workers, doctors, hospitals and clinics across the country to discover legitimate, unmet needs.
Our Financial Assistance Program provides financial support in a variety of ways. For example, we
- Assist many families with their monthly mortgage and rent payments
- Pay monthly utility bills
- Oftentimes pay for car repairs so the families can get back and forth for treatments
- Assist with monthly car payments
Since inception, this program has provided direct, tangible support affecting 7200 lives, through our network of 200 hospitals in 44 states across the United States. Our network of social workers, doctors and medical facilities continue to provide a steady stream of requests for assistance. Our streamlined application and direct-pay procedures to vendors provides a seamless process of support, allowing each family to focus on the treatment and well-being of their child.
Guidelines for Assistance:
- Applications are accepted beginning the last Monday of the month through the 5th of the following month only. Any application submitted outside that time frame will not be considered.
- At This Time, We Cannot Accept Applicants With Birthdates After Age 18, Regardless Of Date Of Diagnosis
- The family must be referred by their physician or assigned social worker.
- Patient application forms must be completed in full.(including social security number and parent signature)
- All payments will be made directly to vendors so a valid payment coupon must accompany the application otherwise the application will not be considered.
- When forms have been completed the referring physician or social worker will submit the forms to Foundation for Children with Cancer.
- Assistance may take up to 2-3 weeks to process. Please note that all follow ups or questions regarding the application must be made by the social worker or physician and not the family.
If you have any questions about the FCC financial assistance program, please ask your referring social worker or doctor to call 414-716-6250, we would be happy to answer any questions.